Travelzoo Launches European iPhone App for Savvy Travel Set
Travelzoo, a global Internet media company, today launched its first iPhone app in Europe, allowing Travelzoo members to access outstanding travel, entertainment and Local Deals while on the go. The Travelzoo app is now available on the iPhone in the UK, Germany, France and Spain. The launch of Travelzoo's iPhone app comes a day before Apple unveils its hotly anticipated iPhone 5.
The Travelzoo iPhone app launched in the United States on 28 July, 2011, and received 75,000 downloads in one month, gaining a 5-star rating in the App Store.
The Travelzoo app includes five main features accessible from the home screen:
1. Top 20® -- The definitive list of the week’s best deals. Every week, Travelzoo’s team of more than 250 Deal Experts research, evaluate and test thousands of deals, only publishing the best in the Top 20. More than 24 million people worldwide rely on the Top 20 each week for the best travel, entertainment and local deals.
2. Local Deals Near Me -- This feature highlights deals in the user’s area, using the phone's GPS system to automatically detect their location and display restaurant, spa and other relevant Local Deal content. The deal information will be presented in the local language from its origin.
3. Deals in Other Cities -- Users can search for deals including entertainment, hotel, spa and restaurant offers in other cities. This tool is perfect for holiday planning or on-the-go searches. Travelzoo currently publishes Local Deals in more than 75 markets worldwide.
4. Travel Deals -- This feature highlights the thousands of air, hotel, cruise and holiday deals published by Travelzoo Deal Experts each week. Users will be able to search deals by type of travel, view photos and link directly to those companies offering the deal.
5. Inspire Me -- Designed to give users some inspiration through three visually-oriented tools: Photo Mosaic, Deal Roller and Deals on a Map. The Photo Mosaic allows users to select a deal based on a photo. The deal information will appear when the user scrolls over the photo. The Deal Roller is a fun way of viewing deals as it spins and looks a little like a roulette wheel. Deals on a Map shows users pins on a map, and when a user clicks a pin, the deal is highlighted – users can then zoom in on the deals to locate the best deals near their current location.
All deals featured on the Travelzoo iPhone app have been researched and evaluated by Travelzoo Deal Experts and tested by the Travelzoo Test Booking Center®.
The Travelzoo iPhone app will completely transform our relationship with our subscribers. People can now travel from city to city and take advantage of viewing the much-loved Travelzoo Top 20® or access the 'Local Deals Near Me' function, bringing the best deals from the area they are in right to their iPhone. We believe the combination of having all Travelzoo deals in one place, and the ability to redeem vouchers on an iPhone rather than print off vouchers, will be a significant benefit for savvy travellers who want instant access to the most outstanding travel and entertainment deals on the market
Travelzoo is a global media commerce company. With more than 28 million members in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific and 26 offices worldwide, Travelzoo® publishes offers from more than 2,000 travel, entertainment and local companies. Travelzoo’s deal experts review offers to find the best deals and confirm their true value.
Certain statements contained in this press release that are not historical facts may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934. These forward-looking statements may include, but are not limited to, statements about our plans, objectives, expectations, prospects and intentions, markets in which we participate and other statements contained in this press release that are not historical facts. When used in this press release, the words “expect”, “predict”, “project”, “anticipate”, “believe”, “estimate”, “intend”, “plan”, “seek” and similar expressions are generally intended to identify forward-looking statements. Because these forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, there are important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements, including changes in our plans, objectives, expectations, prospects and intentions and other factors discussed in our filings with the SEC. We cannot guarantee any future levels of activity, performance or achievements. Travelzoo undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of this press release. Travelzoo and Top 20 are registered trademarks of Travelzoo. All other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.